Termites or “White ants” as they are commonly known are social insects. Subterranean termites live underground in a colony comprising of queen, king, workers and soldiers. There could be millions below the ground, inside walls, furniture etc.
Termites are the biggest threat to assets which man cherishes to own. Studies in the us have proved that termites cuase more damage than fires, Floods and Cyclones every year.
Termites are silent destroyers. By the time they surface, 80% of the damage
would have been done. They feed on anything containing cellulose ranging from wooden furniture to books.
WHAT ARE TERMITES?
– Order Book
– Currency Notes
– Wooden Doors
– Important Documents
– Wooden Frames
TIPS FOR CONTROL :
– There are several things a homeowner can do which can help prevent termite infestations or make them easier to detect.
– Make sure at least four inches of the foundation can be seen all around the home. Siding should not extend into the soil. Mulch and soil should not touch the siding.
– Seal any hole or crack larger than 1/4 of an inch \. Large holes or cracks should be stuffed with steel wool or wire mesh before sealing with caulk or foam, otherwise rodents could chew though to enter.
– Make sure water drains away from the foundation to ensure water does not accumulation.
– Roof or plumbing leaks can allow termites to survive above ground in a house. These should be corrected as soon as possible.